In Växjö the restaurant life is vibrant and always close at hand. We are proud of our gastronomy and use the lakes, forests and meadows around us as a stockpile. If you are passionate about gastronomy Växjö is the right place to visit.
About Gastronomic Växjö
- Växjö has the third largest number of KRAV-certified restaurants in Sweden (after Stockholm and Gothenburg).
- There is urban farming just a stone´s throw from the city center.
- One of Sweden´s biggest food events takes place in Växjö. Every September Växjö becomes a national meeting-place for locally produced, small-scale and sustainable food.
- PM & Vänner has one star in the prestigious Guide Michelin.
- Växjö was awarded the distinction of being the Gastronomic Capital of the Year, by the Swedish government in 2015.
- The oldest patisserie was founded in 1876 and is still run today by descendants of the founder Johan Broqvist.
- Växjö has five restaurants in White Guide.
- PM & Vänner hotel is the first gastro hotel in Scandinavia.