Public transport in Växjö is bus. Most buses depart from, or pass the travel center (“resecentrum”). There is also a customer center connected to the travel center. For a number of years, city buses will not pass or stay at the travel center due to the rebuilding and development of the area. City buses will instead depart from Kronobergsgatan in Växjö.
Click for -> Orientation map Växjö central station
Click for -> City buses departure map
For timetables and travel planners -> Länstrafiken Kronoberg
You can buy a ticket in the following ways:
- On the bus (by credit or cash. If paying by cash, an additional fee will be charged).
- Mobile ticket through the app “Länstrafiken Kronoberg”. Available in App Store and Google Play.
- Travel cards (available as discount cards and periodic cards). You can buy the travel card on board the bus, at Länstrafikens customer center or other sales outlets.
More information on how to buy -> Tickets and travel cards
There is also a visitor ticket that suits you as a tourist or temporary visitor, who wants to do several bus or train journeys during your stay. The visitors ticket is valid in Växjö city traffic and for the whole county during 24 or 72 hours. Visitor tickets for Växjö city traffic is available on board the bus, at the customer center located in Växjö travel center and at other sales outlets.
You can buy a visitor ticket for the whole county at the ticket machines at the train stations.
More about visitor tickets on -> Länstrafiken
GOOD TO KNOW
- If there is space, you can bring a regular two-wheeled bike by train and in the regional traffic.
- Bike is not allowed on the city buses.
- You can bring a stroller without charge if there is space on the bus. The driver decides if there is room.
- You are not allowed to drink alcohol on buses, trains, in waiting rooms or weather shelters.
More -> Good to know