It is easy to cycle in Växjö. There are plenty of cycling trails that will take you to attractions close to the city or straight out into the surrounding nature. There are some 190 kilometers of cycletrails in the municipality and it doesn´t take more than 15 minutes to cycle five kilometers.
BIKES FOR RENTAL
If you wish to rent a bike:
Rental of regular bicycles
Västra Esplananden 15
352 31 Växjö
+46(0) 470-475 48
Rental of mountainbikes
352 46 Växjö
+46 (0) 73-55 36 158 / info(at)vaxjomtb.com
Rental of regular bicycles, electric bicycles and mountainbikes
Hagdalsvägen 10 A
352 46 Växjö
+46 (0) 73-55 36 158 / info(at)rentbike.se
BICYCLE PUMPS AND BICYCLE GARAGE
- There are three bicycle pumps in Växjö city center – free for anyone to use. One is located by the bicycle garage at the central station, one is located at Vattentorget and one by Speakers Corner (the cross between Storgatan/Bäckgatan).
- The bicycle pumps can also be used for strollers and wheelchairs.
- A locked building for bikes is located at Växjö central station. You can use this bicycle garage 24/7. The bicycle garage can take 62 bicycles and 18 of these spaces are equipped with electricity for electric bikes. There are also lockers for helmtes, rainclothes and right outside the building you will find a bicycle pump. Read more -> Bicycle garage
Växjös bicycle map contains several bicycle tours, tips and rules concerning cyclists. You can pick up a mat at Växjö Tourist Center or find it digitally here -> Bicycle map Växjö
Two accessible bicycle trails, well suited for visitors, are:
- Växjö runt, “around Växjö” (a trail of 4 miles that takes you around Växjö city).
- Växjöåttan, “Växjö 8” (the central lakes Växjösjön and Trummen forms the shape of an 8 and is about 8 kilometers).